1. After traveling or for a local staycation, stay at the affordable Adobe Rose Inn in Tucson, AZ, and enjoy their air conditioning and their swimming pool.
2. Drive up Mt. Lemmon where it’s as much as 20 degrees cooler at the top of the Mountain. Stop in the Cookie Cabin while you are there and order a huge cookie topped with three scoops of your favorite ice cream.
3. Enjoy an icy rosemary margarita at the Barrio Cuisine.
4. Tour UA’s Mirror Lab.
5. Swim in Hutch’s Pool in Sabino Canyon, reputed to be the most beautiful pool in the Santa Catalina Mountain range.
6. Go boating on nearby Patagonia Lake.
7. Spend the afternoon in Bookman’s, the coolest second-hand bookstore there is.
8. Visit the Sonora Desert Museum on a Saturday night.
9. Enjoy dinner and a movie at the Roadhouse Cinema.
10. Enjoy a huge glass of prickly pear iced tea at the Tohono Chul Tea Room.
Book your room at the Adobe Rose Inn where many of these are a short distance away. You’ll be able to enjoy your stay in Tucson even in the hot Summer months.