It IS easy being green especially if you are the Sonoran Desert. We at the Adobe Rose support the one of a kind ecosystem found here in the Tucson region by being green and encouraging our guests to follow our example. Here’s how we do it.
- We ask our guests to let us know when they would like their linens changed and washed.
- Our cleaning products are non-toxic, non-irritating, hypoallergenic, biodegradable, plant derived, made with non-animal ingredients, and are not tested on animals.
- Our floors, both wood and ceramic, are steam cleaned, eliminating the need for chemicals that could transfer to guests’ feet.
- The Gilchrist & Soames® soaps and shampoos in guest rooms are a combination luxury and environmental responsibility. Best yet, along with the eco-friendly packaging and product formulas, proceeds of the net sales of BeekindT support honey bee and sustainable pollination research at the University of California Davis.
- In the fall and winter months, our pool may be chilly because it is heated by the rays of the sun alone. In the summer months, our hot tub is drained and closed.
- We harvest rain water and use grey water when appropriate to water our cactus gardens.
- Our living room is illuminated with solar tubes during the day.
- We use CFL light bulbs where possible.
- We recycle as much as possible. Even our gently used soaps and shampoos are recycled to Mexico with the help of a local charity.
- As a company, we have had an energy audit to help us plan our future capital expenditures.